Robin Sharma, a well-respected thought leader on self-improvement and leadership, sent me an email entitled “My 20 Best Quotes for Epic Achievement.” I admire Robin’s epic viewpoint. I don’t share it, however. I just want to leave people and things a little better than when I found them. And I know that the best way to do that is to apply that principle to my mirror every day.
So, in the spirit of sharing here are my 15 best quotes to attach to your mirror. If you have some better ones please share them as I have a big mirror and need all the help I can get.
- Preach the Gospel, when necessary use words.
- Your actions speak so loudly, I can’t hear a word you are saying.
- The only person I can really change is myself.
- Leadership is caught not taught.
- Listen to what they say, but watch what they do.
- If everyone around you causes problems, then maybe they aren’t the problem.
- The only glass house worth inhabiting is made of mirrors.
- If you are selling your behavior, is anyone buying?
- Never criticize, condemn, or complain.
- Everyone is a light bulb! Do you light up a room when you enter or when you leave?
- Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps his mouth shut.
- How you treat children, pets, and people from whom you can gain nothing will tell me everything I need to know about you.
- If you cannot say it to their faces, don’t say it.
- Little people talk about others, big people talk about ideas.
- Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.
Bonus: I get by with a little help from my friends. [Music fades]